Watch the linked video and read the attached articles.
VIDEO:Covid-19: is working from home really the new normal? | The Economist (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
ARTICLE: Pandemics Are Also an Urban Planning Problem.pdf
ARTICLE: https://www.fastcompany.com/90163788/the-plague-inspired-da-vinci-to-design-a-city-we-should-steal-his-ideas (Links to an external site.)
ARTICLE: https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-04-22/coronavirus-pandemics-architecture-urban-design (Links to an external site.)
ARTICLE: https://www.businessinsider.com/big-cities-less-cars-pedestrians-covid-19-transportation-commute-2020-8 (Links to an external site.)
ARTICLE & VIDEO: https://interactive.wttw.com/ten/streets/st-charles-avenue (Links to an external site.)
ARTICLE: Download Covid-19 might not change cities
Your initial posting should address all the questions in the prompt in a minimum of 500 words. Read your peers’ postings and leave at least two well-thought responses in a minimum of 75 words.
– Initial Posts must be at least 500 words long and must address the discussion prompt. (You must submit 1 Initial Post by 11:59pm on the due date.
– Response Posts must EACH be at least 75 words long and must respond to another group members’ thoughts. (You must submit at least 2 Response Posts by 11:59pm on the date the assignment closes.)
-To receive full credit your response must include in-text citations to make note of facts and opinions you quote, paraphrase, and for ideas you borrow.
– If you do not include a bibliography or in-text citations it will result in a deduction of 2 points.
-To receive full credit, you must include a bibliography of works cited at the end of your post. For in-text citations and bibliography use the APA style.
Discussion Board Post Topic:
In your post answer the following questions based on the supplied video and article.
- How have pandemics changed the physical form and social composition of cities in the past? (up to 6 pts)
- How have contemporary urban planners responded to the pandemic? (up to 6 pts)
- Using the information you have gathered, what changes do you project for the future of cities following the current pandemic. (up to 8 pts)
- Choose two cities not mentioned in the articles provided and compare those cities’ planning responses to the current pandemic.
- Use reliable external articles, videos, and data to support your arguments and properly cite your sources in APA format (up to 4 pts).