Your literary analysis essay will be on the novel Sula by Toni Morrison.
Your literary analysis should be 2 ½ pages not including the Works Cited page and must include:
- A clearly articulated thesis that states, somewhere in your introduction, the assertion (position, interpretation) that your paper will prove
- An introduction, a minimum of 3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion
- At least two quotes from the novel itself that are integrated into your discussion
- At least two citations of outside peer reviewed sources
- Examples, details, explanations in the body paragraphs that clearly support your thesis
- Clear connections between ideas from paragraph to paragraph and within paragraphs
Analyze the ending of the novel. What are the “circles of sorrow” that Nel experiences? Is the ending pessimistic, optimistic, or something else altogether?