Education homework help.
Create a 12‐15 slide digital presentation intended to be shown to elementary general education classroom teachers within a professional development setting.
Address the following within your presentation:
- Describe the scope and importance of reading education history in the U.S.
- Discuss the importance of literacy in Grades K‐3 and the educational effects on students in their later academic years.
- Provide an overview of the Big 5 components of reading instruction (i.e., phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and text comprehension).
- Describe how the brain is involved in the Big 5 components of reading instruction and how the sequential order of each component is important for cognitive processing and reading instruction .
- Identify and describe two intervention strategies, per Big 5 component, for struggling readers. At least one strategy identified, per component, should be appropriate for students to use at home .
- Include a title slide, reference slide, and presenter notes.
Support your presentation with 3‐5 scholarly resources.