Qualitative Article Analysis Instructions
Choose 1 qualitative article and compose a 3-page review (not including the reference page in the count). Your review must include 2 sections (using Level I headings in current APA): (1) a summary of the article, and (2) a critical analysis of the article. All articles must be of studies conducted and published in the United States or Canada within the past 5 years.
Your summary must include:
- The purpose of the study;
- A description of participants/sample;
- The research design/data analysis (narrative, grounded theory, case study, phenomenology, ethnography, etc.);
- The method of data collection (questionnaire, document analysis, observation, open-ended or structured interview, etc.);
- Analysis (Inductive/deductive approach, point of focus, summaries, memoing, indexing, coding, grouping, themes, order of analysis, type of analysis (content, narrative, discourse, framework, grounded theory), and
- The results.
Your analysis must include:
- Opportunities for further research not already stated in the article,
- Threats to validity or undocumented bias (credibility, transferability, dependability, confirmability) on the part of the researcher(s),
- Other original insight or criticism, and
- Implications of the findings.
Remember to include a reference page. All citations and references must be in current APA format.