Human Resource Management homework help. This assignment is worth 60 points. To earn the full 60 points, responses will need to accurately apply course concepts to the questions below.
Company ABC is a service company with about 20 employees. The performance management system of this company has been based on a global evaluation approach. The supervisors would simply rate how well each employee performed each year. However, some of the employees have complained that the system isn’t fair. For example, some employees are just given a score without any feedbacks about why they received that score or what they could do to improve.
Because the company relies extensively on its employees to provide good customer service, the company has decided to change its performance evaluation system. In doing so, they are considering the graphic rating scale (see the table below) to evaluate their employees (Gowan & Lepak, 2020):
|Poor||Below Average||Average||Above Average||Outstanding|
- What are some of the potential problems with this evaluation form (the graphic rating scale)?
- What recommendations would you make to improve the evaluation form?
Training for Medical Overtreatment
Read NPR’s article, “Why do doctors overtreat? For many, it’s what they are trained to do.”
Consider this news article from the perspective of the course material on Training, specifically, the five steps of instructional design. You are welcome to apply additional course materials if you see them as relevant.
- The first step in Instructional Design is “Conducting a Needs Assessment.” Answer the three questions related to conducting a needs assessment: Who needs training? In what do they need training? What is the context in which the training will occur?
- The article mentions a couple of different ways in which such training might occur. Choose one and evaluate it according to how well it follows Stages 2 – 5 of the Instructional Design Process.
- Make one recommendation about how you might improve the training. Explain how your suggested improvement is related to what we learned about the Instructional Design Process.
In order to receive full credit:
- Your response should be a minimum of one single-spaced page, but a maximum of two single-spaced pages.
- Your responses should be thorough. You can respond to each question separately, and if you choose to do so, please indicate the question number (Do not copy the entire question into your answer). Or you can write in full paper/paragraph format.
- You should accurately apply the course materials, and demonstrate high-quality writing (grammatically correct, complete sentences).