Information Systems homework help.
The Adoption of a Modern Technology Plan
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Fallshaw’s (2000) “IT planning for strategic support: Aligning technology and vision” article and review the relevant information from this week’s lecture.
The case study described by Fallshaw, demonstrates the importance of an IT technology plan in a University setting. It demonstrates an organizational strategic vision with respect to technology and business goals and how it applies to the company vision. As a student, you have been exposed to technology in the provisioning of an online course of study, along with the technology tools to support research, writing, and discussion.
In 500 to 600 words, discuss the experience you have had in relation to the elements proposed in Eveline’s study. Compare your experiences with those of the author. Support your statements with the comments of authors from other resources that agree with, or challenge your findings. You may also use experiences from your classmates.
IT Budget Plan
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Shimamoto’s (2012), A strategic approach to IT budgeting article, and review the relevant information from this week’s lecture.
The designated lead for the group this week will assign various tasks to members in their assigned group tab in order to develop an IT Budget Plan based on the Acme Full Strategic Plan. Go to your assigned group to develop the IT Budget Plan. The budget should build on and reflect the Organizational Plan that was developed by the group last week, as well as reflect the company demands for IT services as projected in its strategic plan. This is one of the strategic planning elements and concepts that will support the short-, medium-, and long-term goals of an organization. The IT Budget Plan should include both capital and expense spending and cover the period of 1, 2, and 3 fiscal years (FY). The deliverable can be presented in a Word document or an Excel Spreadsheet. Once you have completed your IT Budget Plan, attach it to this initial post to share with the rest of the class.
Strategic Assessment: One, Two, and Three-Year Plan
Prior to beginning work on this assignment read Chapter 3 from the course text and review the relevant information from this week’s lecture. Carefully review the ISM645 Acme Corporation Full Strategic Plan and use as it as the basis for your assignment. Review the instructions below and research at least three additional scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources to support your statements. You may wish to review the recommended resources for this week for assistance with finding appropriate resources.
An IT Strategic Plan must have a direction and a path for its near and mid-term future. In this assignment, you will be using the Time Horizon Worksheet developed in Week One to plot out and schedule major IT initiatives over the next three years using the ISM645 Acme Full Strategic Plan as reference. The Acme Plan is a Plan for the entire company, not just an IT Plan. You will need to determine the major IT projects that are derived from the company’s planned directions. Remember, not every project begins on January 1st. In addition, you will plan IT major projects over a one-, two-, and three-year time frame along with the needed organization to accomplish it.
In a five- to seven-page paper, include the following elements:
- Explain the outsourcing of major projects.
- Identify the use of in-house personnel.
- Describe the required skill sets for each major project.
- Describe roles (job descriptions) for each major project.
- Explain organizational changes that might be needed to accomplish the plan for each year.
- Estimate preparation time
- Estimate funding time
- Estimate build and Implementation time
- Determine availability of resources
The Strategic Assessment: One, Two, and Three-Year Plan
- Must be five pages (1500 words) in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.