Law homework help.
1. What is the purpose of civil law?
2. What is the purpose of criminal law?
|–no answer required in this box——–||WHICH PARTY HAS THE BURDEN OF PROOF?||WHAT IS THE STANDARD OF PROOF?|
|CIVIL LAW CASE||Answer:
|CRIMINAL LAW CASE||Answer:
4. What is common law?
5. Name three sources of law
6. What is an Act of Parliament and how is it created? Explain the steps.
7. How is delegated legislation created?
8. Explain the concept of judicial precedent in the English legal system.
9. What are the advantages and disadvantages of judicial precedent?
10. In England and Wales, both statute and common law exist together: which of these is the more superior form of law? Explain your answer.
11. Explain the nature of contracts
12. Name and provide a simple definition for four of the essential elements required to form a valid contract
13. Fully explain the difference between ‘an offer’ and ‘an invitation to treat’. In contract law, is an advertisement in a newspaper treated as ‘an offer’ or ‘an ‘invitation to treat’?
14. Contract law problem scenario:
‘Snappy dot com’ (SDC), a large camera store, advertise a price promise in a local newspaper. This states that if any customer buys from them and, within 28 days, notifies them in writing that the same goods are one sale at a lower price in another local shop they can have all of the purchase price returned to them. On June 1 Marlo buys a camera from the store for 49.99. On 27 June Marlo posts a letter, truthfully explain that the same camera is on sale at another shop for 49.89. Marlo’s letter arrives on 30 June. Marlo insists that he is entitled to all of his money back but SDC refuse to refund any of the purchase price.
Using the ILAC method, advise Marlo as to whether or not he has a contractual right to have the purchase price returned.
15: Identify elements of an intention to create legal relations and explain the presumptions relating to commercial and domestic agreements.
16. Define consideration. What constitutes consideration?