Management homework help.
Below is your Assignment for the week, rubric included.
Unit 1 Assignment Unit 1 Assignment – Alternative Formats
How To Critique an Article IN APA Format How To Critique an Article IN APA Format – Alternative Formats
Investigate various journals for an article of interest to you. The article should be no more than two years old and have sufficient content for a two-page report. The object of the critique is to describe how the study followed, or failed to follow, the criteria for good research, as described in Chapter 1. You should speculate on which of the writer’s conclusions were warranted, and which were not. (You can use the Article Critique Instructions as a guide.)
- o The relationship between research, the manager, and the researcher.
- o The conflict that can exist when the manager is the researcher.
- o The characteristics that identify good and bad research. The final product will be a paper that is:
- 2 – 3 double-spaced, APA formatted pages; and
- Includes at least two (2) references to this week’s materials.
- The requirements for your assignment are:
- For your first research project, please investigate one of the journals listed below for an article of interest to you. The article should be no more than two years old. Choose one that has sufficient content from which you can write a report a two-page report (approximately two double-spaced pages). The object of your critique is to describe how the study followed, or failed to follow, the criteria for good research, as described in Chapter 1. Speculate on which of the writer’s conclusions were warranted and which were not. In addition to Chapter 1, Chapters 2 and 3 may also be helpful in getting you started. So read each!
- Journals to consider:
- Academy of Management Review
- Administrative Science Quarterly
- Business and Society Review
- Decision Sciences
- Financial Management
- Harvard Business Review
- Industrial and Labor Relations Review
- Journal of Accountancy
- Journal of Applied Behavior Science
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Banking and Finance
- Journal of Finance
- Management Review
- Personnel Journal
- Public Administration Review
- Training and Development
- Journal Other journals may also be used.