Nursing homework help.
Teaching Project Assignment Guidelines
Topic: You are a nurse teaching a 75 years old woman how to collect 24 hour urine sample
The content of the teaching project paper should fit into no more than 2 pages, typed, and double spaced.
- Follow APA format and style for the paper specified on the assignment rubric.
- The project paper should include:
- Introduction to the problem
- Teaching content (What actually needs to be taught to patient)
- Teaching strategies (How this will be taught, e.g., handouts, verbal, video, website)
- Ways to evaluate if the teaching was effective
Be certain to incorporate into the above four areas the content that was covered in class:
- Identify how effective communication techniques impact successful patient teaching sessions;
- Identify factors that affect one’s ability to learn;
- Identify specific teaching strategies for each of the Three Learning Domains (Cognitive, Affective and Psychomotor);
- Identify factors that can compromise a patient’s ability to successfully learn.
- Identify developmental level and cultural influences when developing a teaching strategy.