- Explain why a developmental assessment of children and adolescents is important.
- Describe two assessment instruments and explain why they are used for children and adolescents but not adults.
- Describe two treatment options for children and adolescents that may not be used when treating adults.
- Explain the role parents play in assessment and treatment.
References that must be used
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 2, “Contributions of the Psychosocial Sciences” (pp. 93–130)
- Chapter 6, “Classification in Psychiatry” (pp. 290–299)
- Chapter 31, “Child Psychiatry” (pp. 1107–1152)