Both automatic and controlled processing affect our attitudes, attributes, and perceptions including the perception of self as individuals engage in social cognition and create mental representations of the world. However, mental representations are often incomplete. Social schemas help fill the gaps in mental representations. In this assignment, you will consider automatic and controlled processing with the notion of social schemas in order synthesize these components of information processing.
1. how automatic and controlled processing create mental representations of our social world.
2. how automatic and controlled processing create judgments of our social world.
3. how social schemas create mental representations of our social world.
4. how social schemas create judgments of our social world.
5. Provide a synthesis of these ideas that accounts for theoretical and empirical approaches to understanding mental processes and then draws conclusions about what happens when these ideas are considered together.
At least 5 citations
All citations should not be older than 2015
Only scholarly articles are to be cited
****DO NOT PLAGIARIZE****
Due May 19th 2020 by 8.00 pm Eastern time (New York)